Skip to main content

March Monthly Favourites

Hi guys ! Happy April ( Although I'm super late with favourites or any kind of posts this month ) . 

Today I will be sharing my March favourites. March was my birthday month - it was also a super busy and stressful month. We were moving at work and my mom was in admitted to ICU on my birthday - so no fun really . I did spend the day with some special people .

So let's jump into the products :

Avon Mark Loose Pigment in Radiating Orchid
These loose pigments might seem hard to work with at first - but the colour payoff is amazing and they are pretty easy to use once you find a good brush. I was loving a pop of colour in March - and this was a go-to eye colour for me. I will be doing a full review on the two colours I have and how to use them with swatches a little later on this month too.
Pink Cosmetics Grapefruit Cleansing Balm
I have been eyeing some goodies from Pink Cosmetics for a while now - and after Siobhan from Sugar and Spice posted about this gem I knew I had to try it. While I love how easy micellar waters are for removing make-up - I sometimes prefer a cleansing balm - and I was blown away by how good this beauty is. It melts of any trace of make-up quickly and easily (even waterproof mascara ) and the scent is amazing ( I got the grapefruit scent ) . I haven't tried the Clinique Take The Day off cleansing balm but she said it's just as good. Since it's more of a oil based cleansing balm - I do feel it does give your skin some hydration back too - which is always a bonus especially with the colder months coming up. And with this a little does go a long way  .

Milani Conceal & Perfect 2-1 Concealer and Foundation in 00B Light
This month I have been loving two foundations . This was my go to everyday foundation. I love the coverage (medium coverage ) but how it still looks natural . I'm glad Milani came out with some lighter shades ( I used lighting drops in the one I had previously ) . This lasts on me all day ( with a good primer and setting spray of course ) , is super light weight (which was great for the hotter March days )  and gives me just enough coverage. 
Body Shop Matte Clay Foundation in Peruvian Lily
I only got this foundation towards the end of March after reading a review or two - but I fell in love quickly. Moving and stress from work did let my skin break out a little and I wanted a foundation that could treat that issue while giving some coverage. The coverage is more on the medium side - but I love how it does help to treat blemishes. It does have a bit of a tea tree oil smell (which obv is treating those pesky spots ) but the scent luckily doesn't linger. I love how this foundation does keep me matte too . Mind you I'm more combination skin than oily but with this one I knew I didn't have to stress about getting shiny during the day. 

Hean Gigant Shock XXL Volume Mascara
If you know me you know my go to mascara is usually an Essence mascara. Gael from Glamore Cosmetics sent me a little care package in March and in the parcel was this amazing mascara. I was blown away by how amazing this mascara made my lashes look , was EXTREMELY long lasting (especially since it's not waterproof but I do rub my eyes from allergies a lot during the day ) . This mascara lenghtens your lashes and gives it amazing volume (so much that even though I wanted to go for lash extensions - this mascara let's me forget I ever wanted to go ) Thanks Gael for introducing me to the best mascara ever. 


Avon Rare Amethyst Perfume
As you know I'm extremely sensitive to strong scents - so that's one of the main reasons I won't really show any perfumes on the blog. But the Avon Rare Amethyst Perfume has stolen my heart. It's one of their more limited edition scents ( so anytime it does come out I buy a bottle or two ) but I feel this is me captured in a scent. It's a sexy seductive scent . Some of the scent notes are  plums , violets and sandalwood . This is truly my favourite scent ever. 
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso 
A little while back on a blush post I did - I asked some of you what your favourite blush was . Cynthia from Of Life and Lacquer mentioned this being her go to blush - and as it was on my wish list for a while now I knew I had to try it. It's totally worth the hype - it's such an pigmented gorgeous peach tones blush that has a glow from within. This has quickly become my everyday favourite too - but now I'm tempted to try some more of the Milani blushes (which for the record I really really really don't need a new blush ) . Thanks for helping me find a new favourite Cynthia. 
Milani Contour & Highlight Cream & Liquid Duo in 01 Fair / Light
When I placed my online order from Milani SA I got this little gem as a freebie. I always wanted to try the cream contour but never added it to my cart. I love the colour of the contour side - I love it so much that I actually do a little bit of contouring as part of my daily make-up routine now. The highlight side I use before using an additional highlighter - but this duo will be repurchased once I finish it. 






I hope you all had a magical March . Which was one of your favourite products for the month of March ??

Comments

  1. quanti prodotti, amo i prodotti milani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mascara sounds awesome and now I want that cleansing balm too!!!! I love favourites posts <3

    I'm reviewing one of these products in my #FollowupFriday post tomorrow...which one will it be..lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That foundation is great hey... I kinda predicted it will be that lol

      Delete
  3. Ooh I really want to try Milani products. The blush and foundation looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw