Skip to main content

My Favourite Winter Blushes

Hi guys. Happy Thursday . How has your week been ? Mine has been a little crazy - hence the lack of posts this week - but hopefully it will calm down a bit at work and I'll be posting a lot more from next week. 

Today I'm sharing some of my favourite Winter time blushes with you guys. In spring and summer time I gravitate towards more coral and bright pink blushes - but in winter time I like warmer tones , some berry tones as well as softer pinks. These are the seven blushes I reach for most this time of year (in no particular order  ) 

So let's jump into the blushes and why I love them .

Avon True Colour Blush Pearls  I've mentioned this blush in a New on My Beauty Desk post back in May - and this is absolutely one of my favourite everyday choices. There are three colours of pearls in the container and a more highlight one too - giving you such a unique flush of colour on your cheeks, I feel this is such a perfect flattering colour on me . You can build this blush quite nicely for something more subtle or build it's intensity to make it pop more. 

Essence Happy Girls Are Pretty Blush in You Sweeten My Day
This was sadly a limited edition blush a while back - but the colour is such a pretty Mauve pink tone when you swirl your brush in the blush and mix a little bit of both the hearts colours. Again - this was sadly limited edition but this is such a goodie that I'm glad I picked it up. The colour lasts about 4/5 hours on my skin but with a good primer and setting spray I can get about 6/7 hours wear time out of this blush. 
Almay Smart Shade Powder Blush in 10 Pink / Rose
This is such a gorgeous baby pink coloured blush . The blush was kind of hard in the beginning - so I did use a knife and gentle scraped the top layer off. The blush now has such a soft blendable baby pink colour - perfect if you want to look and feel extra girly the day and have soft pink cheeks . I love this blush in the Spring too for the same reason - it adds such a girly softness to your look. This blush is also a little more foolproof - so it's hard to use too much with this one. 


Revlon Powder Blush in Orchid 
This might look a little scarier in the pan - but fear not - this is a nice build able colour . You can either go for a nice subtle look or more intense by applying more colour. This is a gorgeous darker pink toned orchid colour .  Revlon blushes are pigmented - so if you would like a softer look just tap your brush lightly into the pan. They also last a long time on the skin - a bonus if you want to have a rosy look all day . There's quite a few colour options in the range too - so if you want a different colour there will be one to suit your taste. 






Catrice Defining Blush in Rose Royce
This Catrice blush is another great budget friendly option. This is a more rosier darker pink toned colour that's a great easy user friendly colour to use - as a little goes a long way. The formula is nice and buttery but the colour does have great staying power on the cheeks. The range also has a few great colours - so there should be one to suit every skin tone and taste. 


Revlon Insta- Blush in Berry Kiss
These Revlon Insta-Blush cream stick formula blushes are very easy to use and blend. You can use a beauty blender , your fingers or a soft dual fibre brush and blend it out evenly . The colour lasts until the end of the day on my skin ( I do set my foundation with powder after applying the blush ) - so of all the picks this is definitely the most long lasting blush of them all. The colour doesn't go patchy or fades super quickly - making this the perfect blush for functions or if you have drier skin. This is a darker toned berry colour - so I mostly pick this one if I know I'm wearing a little bit more heavier make-up . 


Revlon Insta- Blush in Nude Kiss As I mentioned above - this has such a fantastic formula. I love this colour - especially if I know I'm using a little bit of smokier colours on my eyes . The colour might look dark - but I do find using a little bit on a dual fibre brush gives me such a soft subtle look that I reach for it especially on cooler days. This can also easily fake the illusion of sculpted cheekbones - which is never a bad thing in my books. This colour lasts the whole day on me . 

And the swatches of the colours as mentioned in the post from left to right :

Avon Blush Pearls , Essence Sweeten My Day , Almay Smart Shade , Revlon Powder Blush , Catrice Defining Blush and Revlon Insta Blush Bery Kiss and Nude Kiss. 



What's your favourite colour blush in Winter ? Or your favourite Blush in general ?

Comments

  1. It's summer here and I'm currently loving Benefit Galifornia. xx

    ♥ Carly Susanne ~ A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's on my wishlist - I'm sure I'll get it in summer too.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have got nice collection of blushes, Lynette (personally I've only 2, ha :P), especially the one from Revlon sounds great :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great Post
    thx<3
    http://www.swisstwins.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually wear blushes as I tend to get crazy with it but gorgeous selection! I've never tried cream blushes before. I need the catrice blush, that's my sort of colour! ♥
    Khadija x
    http://www.khadijaxmua.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use blush all year, I love it in my skin
    kss
    =)
    New post in my Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all beautiful, my favourite is the Limited Edition from Essence, so cute!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot :D

    Nice sellection my friend :D I really love Catrice and Essence products. Always have great quality!

    NEW TIPS POST | PROTECTS YOUR HAIR AT SUMMER!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to try pear blushes, that one looks amazing!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. these blushes look really pretty :)

    lifeofacameo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Catrice blushes. They are affordable and have a great selection. My mom even took my favourite Catrice blush for herself, Lol. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw