Skip to main content

My picks from the Essence Happy Girls are Pretty Collection

Hi guys . Happy Monday. Everyone have a great weekend ?

As I shared on my Instagram account HERE I got a few products from the Limited Edition Essence Happy Girls are Pretty Collection. The whole collection is gorgeous ( and if you are a nail polish lover I would recommend you RUN to pick some up ) . The collection has two eyeliners, a contour set, a blush , two eyeshadow palettes , six  nail polishes, a nail file and two lip colours. I didn't NEED everything , so I only got the products I could see I will be using , and I thought why not share it here as well. 

Happiness Is…Following Your Heart Eyeshadow Palette 
This palette I can see being the most popular with five gorgeous nude shades. The eye shadows are also super adorable with a ball of yarn and the word "knit" engraved across. The palette is quite steady and clicks closed tightly  , so perfect for travelling (which is why I bought these two palettes ) .





Happiness Is…Following Your Heart Eyeshadow Palette 
This colour combo is another winner. Though the colours aren't super pigmented, they are soft subtle girly shades. For me that's what I like about this palette. Some days I like to just pop one colour on my lids and call it a day , and all of these are perfect. 

Both the Eyeshadow palette's retail for R67, 50 at Clicks stores. 

You Sweeten My Day  Blush
When I saw this blush in store - I knew I DIDN'T need another blush in my collection . So I wasn't going to get it . But before I left to pay - the little blush whispered - Please Lynette you love pink, you love hearts , you love knitting ... Please buy me.  So I popped it into my basket and paid. 

It was lying in my pretty pile after being photographed , as I knew I have too many blushes open currently , but after seeing everyone on Instagram post product pictures I just couldn't wait any longer. So I opened the blush , swirled in my brush , and felt disappointed. 

The first time I used the blush, I could hardly tell I put on anything. I thought okay no problem , I can use a little more. After about half an hour, it disappeared off my face completely and I could hardly tell I had anything on. 

I decided this blush needed another chance though - I mean LOOK how pretty it is. The next few times I pressed a little harder with my brush when I swirled it , at least this time you could see colour on my cheeks . But luckily after being used for a week the pigmentation did improve - I am sharing a swatch of the blush after a few uses.  The colour is pretty, I just wish that the blush had this right from the start, as I was ready to give up on this blush after a day or two. 

The blush retails for R57,95 at Clicks stores. 




Just Happy Nail Polish 
This is another colour that just screamed my name. It's gorgeous , girly and a creamy milky pink. It is perfection in a bottle. This is a gorgeous light milky pink, that again, can easily be worn to work , and on weekends for a gorgeous girly manicure. I can seriously say , this collection of polishes is mind blowing. I might even pick up another one or two. This is the perfect everyday shade for me . Again this polish lasted about 5/6 days on me , and I'm really tough on my hands. 

Happy Girls Rock Nail Polish 
I will start off by saying , Essence makes the most amazing Matte shades lately. If you remember I also raved about the Essence No Make Up Look in Powdery Rose HERE . These shades glide on easily , dries down extremely quickly , and I just can't get enough. I can totally see myself using this one to the very end as well . This is a gorgeous lavender grey colour , perfect for summer, but I can still see myself rocking this colour in Autumn and Winter too. I wore this polish for 6 days without any chips - for a matte polish that is extremely magical especially since I'm super tough on my hands .

The nail polishes retail for R34,95 each. 



Did you pick anything up from this collection ? Anything you see here that you like ?   



Comments

  1. Like those colours ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: BEIGE BIKER JACKET + BOYFRIEND JEANS

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had sneaked this post was coming on your twitter! i am really liking that darker chocolate shades eyeshadow palette there, how about the color payoff, pigmentation and quality? i also love the nude polish. i'm not sure of the rupees value but it sounds to me like this is quite an affordable brand, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the colour payoff is nice and quality super for such an affordable range. And yes.. lol I have been sharing the goodies I bought on the collection a lot on Instagram (which posts to my twitter too )

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I absolutely had fun reading this. Have a fun-filled day!

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection, I really like first palette, it contains many beautiful shades :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that one being the most popular in the collection xx

      Delete
  5. Great picks, love the nail polish colour!!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, girl. Beautiful colors.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so looking forward to this nail polish collection, but i only manage to purchased the last nail polish colour in the collection called The Coco side of life. I really wish that stores would have more stock of the limited ranges - i must say i like the colour and the others on your post looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynette! How many pretty things here! The pink nail polish is a love! *__*
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer Review and Wear Test

Hi guys. Happy Monday. How was your weekend ?? Today I will be sharing my review on the Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer . I have worn this quite a few times since buying the product - so I have a pretty good idea how it preforms. The colour I got was a typical Lynette colour - The Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in Donut Worry be Happy. This is such a gorgeous fun pink colour. The range does have quite a few colour options - and what I do like about the range is that no top coat is needed. So while I always top coat polish or gel polishes - I didn't when I tested this out. Since I did mention I have worn it quite a few times - I always wore it without top coat. The polish dries amazingly fast - and is dry enough to not make dent marks on it within 20 minutes. Which I think is pretty impressive for a polish without top coat. The brush is on the thicker side - making the polish super easy to apply. I prefer nailpolish brushes like this since it's mostly just one swipe on each

Farm Animals Friday !

Hi guys ! Can't believe its Friday already ! First off, happy birthday to my brother, hope you have a fantastic birthday today ♥ So Tip Top's facebook page, has been running weekly nail art theme competitions. This week's theme is FARM ANIMALS. Well, usually I don't enter these nail art competitions, but since my little man loves farm animals , I decided to give it a go . :) (I also bummed some of his farm animal toys and books as decoration... Hee hee hee ) The rules are you have to use Tip Top colours... So first off let me mention all the colours I used creating these cute farm animals : French Manicure White, Cream Puff, Peach Crisp, Sherbet Angel, Melting Marshmallow, Lemon Fuel, Black Forest , Twilight and Sexy Bikini ♥ So here follows all the cute pics (sorry this post is a little picture heavy ...)   A cow, a piggy, a cow, a duck and a sheep ♥ I just LOVE these cute farm animals don't you ?? My favourite of

CATRICE TREATMENTS SERUM REVIEW

Hi guys! Happy Wednesday. How was your week? I totally lost a day with the public holidays and Easter Weekend threw into the mix ... I was pretty convinced today was actually Tuesday. As I mentioned in my New on my Beauty Desk post in February - I got a few Catrice serums from their new range to try out. In total I picked up the Hydro serum as well - so today I will give you a rundown on the three serums I chose from the range to my routine.  Overall - I have a pretty good idea of which ones I love - which ones are good and which ones I'm not 100% sold on.  CATRICE HYDRO PLUMPING SERUM  This serum contains 1.5 %  hyaluronic acid and panthenol to plumps up the skin as well as have a soothing effect on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is well known to hydrate the skin and absorbs easily into the skin super quickly. I love using Hyaluronic Acid in the morning before applying make-up as it gives me a hydrated base to work with. Honestly, while I did enjoy using this serum - I do prefer the Sw